LAND OF SMILES
A year late blog (exactly around November 2015!) about me and my family’s trip to Bangkok. Never really had the gusto and time to make one, but yay finally here it is! 😀
Highlights of the trip:
- Wat Pho, also known as Wat Po, is the temple of the reclining Buddha. This can be found behind the temple of the Emerald Buddha, and also a nearby walk to the Grand Palace. This massive statue is apparently 46 meters long, covered in gold leaf.
- Looking for a fairy-themed place around Bangkok? Say no more. In Chocolate Ville, setting aside Thai culture, you’ll feel more like you’re in a completely different country!
- Another Buddhist temple, Wat Arun Ratchawararam Ratchawaramahawihan, or simply known as Wat Arun (yay for simplicity jk), is so far the second temple that sparked my interest.
- First on my list, the Ayutthaya ruins: A historical park! It was as if I was inside a LEGO masterpiece, filled with red and ravaged bricks. This place is.. unreservedly magnificent.
- This Chatuchak Weekend Market was craaazy! It has been said that it is one of the largest weekend markets in the world. I got to admit that I’m really not into shopping, but shopping addicts, what are you waiting for?!
- Last but not the least.. You should never skip this place whenever you wish to travel to any Asian country.. CHINA TOWN!!
~ End of blog ~